WHITE MISO, GINGER AND SESAME CHICKEN THIGHS
Created by chef Dhruv Baker
This is a super simple recipe that really delivers on flavour and is always a hit at home!
Serve with sticky rice and sliced spring onions.
- 2 x tbsp white miso paste
- 1 x tbsp sesame oil
- 4-5 x tbsp mirin
- 2 x tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 x tbsp rice vinegar (optional)
- 1.5 x tbsp caster / light brown sugar
- 1 x tbsp finely grated peeled ginger
- 12 x chicken thighs (boneless)
- 1 x tsp vegetable oil
- 2 x spring onions finely sliced to garnish
- Black and white sesame seeds to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients up to the chicken (but not the chicken) in a large non-metallic bowl.
- Add the chicken, cover the bowl with clingfilm and marinate for a few hours (overnight ideal).
- Heat the GARDEN PARTY (I used 3-4 shovels of the Chesneys charcoal) and when you reach a temperature of 200°C – 230°C lay the chicken skin side down on the grill, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes. You can regulate the temperature accurately with the air control lever.
- When the skin is crisp and golden turn, cook skin side up for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Alternatively, skewer the chicken onto long flat skewers and turn once after 8-10 minutes then cook for a further 8-10 minutes.
Serve with sticky or jasmine rice, scatter over the spring onions and sesame seeds and serve immediatelyBack to Recipes