- 1/3 cucumber
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 75g pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 aubergine
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the cucumber in half and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Cut the cucumber flesh into small chunks. Put into a bowl and lightly mix with the spring onion, pomegranate seeds, extra virgin olive oil and a little of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, make a dressing by mixing together the yoghurt, tahini, garlic, remaining lemon juice, and 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the aubergine to approximately 1cm in thickness.
- Prepare the barbeque with the baffle in the upright position set for indirect grilling, at (about 300°C).
- Brush olive oil over the aubergine slices and lay on the grill. Close the lid and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes before turning and cooking on the other side.
- When the aubergine is golden and tender, transfer to a platter or individual plates. Spoon over the pomegranate salsa, crumble over the feta and scatter with pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and some pomegranate molasses. Serve with the tahini dressing to pour over.