- 8 fresh figs or 2-3 ripe peaches
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 x 200g balls burrata (or buffalo mozzarella)
For the pesto:
- 25g mint leaves
- 25g fresh basil
- 40g grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- To make the pesto, place all of the ingredients apart from the olive oil into a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Add extra oil or a splash of water to loosen if necessary. If you’re not using this straight away, cover the surface with a layer of oil to prevent discolouration.
- Cut the figs in half, or cut the peaches into quarters and remove the stone. Rub all over with a little oil and season with salt, pepper.
- Prepare the barbeque with the baffle in the down position set at a hot temperature for grilling (about 250-350°C).
- Lay the cut fruit on the grill, cut sides down and cook for a minute or so until you have charred lines. Turn and cook the other cut side until charred.
- Transfer to plates. Tear the burrata into chunky pieces and sit along side the fruit. Drizzle or spoon over the pesto. Finish with a final drizzle of olive oil and twist of pepper.